Cwm-yr-Eglwys, St. Brynach's Church, Pembrokeshire, August 15, 2019
The church of St. Brynach is on the site of an ancient llan, and the dedication is to St. Brynach a 6th Century celtic saint.
The building suffered damage in 1850 when the chancel was destroyed by the sea.
The great storm of October 1859 (the Royal Charter Storm) removed the church roof and damaged the walls. The ruins stood until 1880 when they were demolished to the present west end only and a new sea wall built to protect what was left of the graveyard.
Another storm in 1979 caused damage to the wall and churchyard; repairs by Preseli District Council converted it into a most pleasant public space. The ruins of the church are now a popular tourist attraction.
By the gate is a scale model of a Cwm Trader - the type of coastal trading vessel that would have plied these waters at the time of the storm