St Just Mining District Miscellany - JHLPHOTOGRAPHY

Ding Dong Mine, Cornwall - June 07, 1984

The 25 inch whim engine house at Ding Dong Mine.


Ding Dong Mine was created in 1813 as an amalgamation of 16 small of mines the oldest of which is believed to date back to the early 17th Century. The prominent Greenburrow engine house was built in 1865. Ding Dong mine closed on July 11, 1877. Between 1911 and 1915 the dumps were worked by the Ding Dong Mine Syndicate. Since then there have been three other attempts to reopen the mine.

DING DONG MINEPENWITHMADRONPENWITH DISTRICTCORNISH MININGCORNWALLKERNOWMETAL MININGMETAL MINEJohn H. Luxton Photographywww.jhluxton.comCORNISHCORNISH MINESGREAT BRITAINhistoric buildingsHISTORIC SITEINDUSTRIAL ARCHAEOLOGYINDUSTRIAL HISTORYMININGUKMINING HISTORYCORNISH MINING WORLD HERITAGE SITE