South Phoenix Mine, Cornwall
The engine house over Houseman's Shaft housed a 50-inch pumping engine and was built in 1881 being named in honour of the Company Chairman. The engine was sold on in 1895.
Following the closure of the mine the Houseman's Pumping engine house was converted into a residential property (c 1918?) and the opening for engine's the beam on the “bob wall” was sealed and windows incorporated along with a domestic style chimney. This view is from the inside upwards to these windows.
After being abandoned for many years the engine house was consolidated in the 1990s and the ground floor converted into the "Minions Heritage Centre".