Welsh Highland Railway - February 20, 2020
The 1893 vertical-boiler De Winton ‘Watkin’ is displayed in the foyer of Caernarfon Station. She was built for the Penmaenmawr & Welsh Granite Company by De Winton De Winton & Co, of Caernarfon and worked at the Penmaenmawr Granite Quarries until 1944.
Purchased 1966 by the late Mr Evan Hughes of Llanrwst and placed on loan to the National Trust by his daughter, Mrs D Williams, in May 1972.
The locomotive was originally displayed at Penrhyn Castle Museum before being installed at Caernarfon Station which is opposite the site of the De Winton works where the locomotive was constructed.