Ffestiniog Railway - February 20, 2019
DUFFWS STATION was the upper limit of passenger working on the Ffestiniog Railway. It closed in 1931 with passenger services being cut back to the GWR station nearby which is the site of the current Blaenau Ffestiniog Station.
Since 1979 Hunslet diesel locomotive 2207 has been displayed there.
It a 2ft gauge 4wDM of the 'Hudson-Hunslet' type (built by Hunslet for sale through Robert Hudson Ltd) that was new to the Trefor (Yr Eifl) Granite Quarry on the Lleyn Peninsula in 1941.
Disposed of for preservation in 1965, it later found its way to the Gloddfa Ganol collection housed at Oakeley Slate Quarries in Blaenau Ffestiniog.
In July 1979, it was placed on display adjacent to the Ffestiniog Railway station in Blaenau Ffestiniog, with GWR slate wagons 44 and 59. Under the care of Gwynedd Council, it remained there until removed to the Ffestiniog Railway around December 2011 for cosmetic restoration.
It was returned to Blaenau on 12 October 2012, having been cleaned up, repainted and varnished. It is now in a placed on an alignment with the former FR mineral line through Duffws station, and is accompanied by two FR slate wagons, 364 and 787.