Tavistock - JHLPHOTOGRAPHY

Tavistock - St Eustacius Church - October 25, 2018

The Parish Church of Tavistock, St Eustacius is located in the centre of the town in Bedford Square. In 2018 the church marked its 700th Anniversary.

The church was originally constructed in 14th Century, rebuilt in the 15th Century and underwent major restoration work between 1844 and 1845. It is a Grade II* Listed Building. The early history of the church was closely associated with Tavistock Abbey, the remains of which lie close by.

L201845252018Cornish Mining World Heritage SiteCornwall and West Devon Mining LandscapeHistoric BuildingJohn H. Luxton PhotographyLeicaLeica MLeica M typ 262TavistockUKWest CountryWest DevonWest Devon Districthistoric architecturewww.jhluxton.com