Halwill Junction Station - September 03, 1982
Halwill Junction Station (aka Halwill for Beaworthy) photographed on September 03, 1982. The station opened on January 20, 1879 and closed first to freight in 1964 and passengers on January 03, 1966. On opening the station was operated by the Devon and Cornwall Railway, then the London and Southwestern, Southern Railway, British Railways Southern Region and in the final years British Railways Western Region. The track was lifted in 1967. This view is taken from the down platform looking northwards. The platform face visible was the North Cornwall lines bay. The through down platform being behind the photographer. The building is the 1930s built slaughter house where locally produced meat was loaded into refrigerated containers for distribution by rail. The site of the station has now been cleared and has been replaced by a housing estate.
Camera: Contax 139, Carl Zeiss 28mm f2.8 Distagon
HALWILLDEVONENGLANDUKHALWILL JUNCTION STATIONDEVON AND CORNWALL RAILWAYLONDON SOUTH WESTERN RAILWAYSOUTHERN RAILWAYBRITISH RAILWAYSSOUTHERN REGIONABANDONED RAILWAYSDERELICT STATIONSTATION