Bala Lake Railway - August 06, 2014
The Locomotive MAID MARIAN was built in 1903 and delivered to Dinorwic where it worked until 1964 when she was withdrawn from service.
MAID MARIAN has been on the Bala Lake Railway since 1975 has the frames and many of the numbered parts of KING OF THE SCARLETS (of 1889) due to the works at the Dinorwic Quarry swapping components around when major overhauls took place.
Late in 2004, Maid Marian was withdrawn from service and stripped down so that a new boiler could be made. This work, entirely paid for by members of the MMLF was completed by end of 2006 and the loco was rebuilt in the Llanuwchllyn workshops of the Bala Lake Railway, re-entering service 28 May 2007 resplendent in the colour scheme she carried while at Dinorwic.