St. Luke's Church, Baldwin, Marown, Isle of Man. February 18, 2013.
St. Luke's Church, Baldwin, in the parish of Marown, Isle of Man. February 18, 2013.
St. Luke's was constructed on the site of an ancient chapel (Keeil Abban) about half a mile from the village on a commanding spot which appears to be isolated from any civilisation.
Bishop Ward consecrated this church on 14th May 1836, it was built to the design of John Welch.
The building served the dual purpose of school and church - by using a moveable screen and consecrating only the chancel end the Bishop could defray most of the costs from funds allocated for school building.