Historic Docklands of Merseyside - JHLPHOTOGRAPHY
shopify analytics ecommerce tracking

Salisbury Dock was constructed as a half-tide dock and had a triple river entrance to the River Mersey comprising 60ft, 50ft and 18ft entrances. It opened in 1848. The famous 6 sided Victoria Tower tower is a familiar landmark on the Mersey waterfront, designed by dock engineer Jesse Hartley. Eventually it is proposed that it will be fully restored as part of the Central Docks redevelopement proposed by owners of the Mersey Dock Estate - Peel Holdings. Photographed August 07, 2004.

SALISBURY DOCKLIVERPOOLMERSEYSIDEMERSEY DOCKSPEEL PORTSMERSEY DOCKS HARBOUR COMPANYRIVER MERSEYPORT OF LIVERPOOLINDUSTRIAL HISTORYINDUSTRIAL ARCHAEOLOGYCIVIL ENGINEERINGDOCKSHARBOURPORTSENGLANDUK